“I’ve found that we find our deepest purpose when we write about those parts that are most difficult. It is through writing that we get that transformation.” ~Carrie Reinchartz
Here we are at our fifth installment of the “Author Series” where we are bringing on published authors to talk about their books, and the process they went through to write and publish those books. We believe that everyone has a story inside of them, and a book is an excellent way to share that story. Therefore, it is our hope that you are encouraged through this series, and step out to write and publish your book.
Meet Today’s Guest
Carrie Reinchartz is a rising star lawyer, author, speaker, and nonprofit director. She has survived rape, sexual, physical, and emotional abuse and she has become a global example for many others not to allow their circumstances to define them. She is the Founder/Director of “Mercy’s Light Family” a non-profit organization, creating independence and sustainability, not dependence, for girls and their babies in tough life situations in Kenya, Africa. She is also the founder of “Infinitely More Life”, where she Imparts, Inspires, Influences, and Impacts women with Infinitely More Life.
In addition, she is the author of several books, including “I Just Want My Life Back: From Trauma to Triumph”, and “From Lawyer to Missionary: A Journey to Kenya and Back Again.”
Key Points Include:
- Healing comes through writing, it comes through being willing to journal. It might not ever be published, but writing allows you to connect, let go and be vulnerable.
- Don’t live in the stuckness of rape or sexual abuse. Don’t live in the stuckness of your emotions. Find that emotion anchor in Christ and from there, it’s just transformation.
- For the first draft of your book, you throw up on the page and you hope for the best. The second draft is the true first draft.
- The pain of writing a book is temporary, but the book is forever.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Connect with Carrie on Social Media: Facebook |Instagram
- Secure Your Copy of Carrie’s Book: From Lawyer to Missionary
- Carrie’s Mercy’s Light Website
- Sponsor a Girl or Donate
- Check out Carrie’s Other Project: Infinitely More Life
- Anita’s Book: Destiny Starter: How to Discover What You Are Called To Do, And Do It by Anita “AC” Clinton
- This Month’s Freebie (e-Book): 5 Actionable Tips to Start Writing Your Book
Don’t miss an episode of our weekly fun and witty podcast equipping and inspiring you to walk BOLDLY in your greatness, listen, and subscribe at:
My Thanks To You
I want to personally thank you for listening to the Be Great Global Podcast. I would love to hear from you, share your comments, thoughts, suggestions below.
If you believe this show can help others, we humbly ask that you leave a rating and review on iTunes (CLICK HERE) or Stitcher Radio (CLICK HERE). It will only take a couple of minutes and could possibly transform someone’s life.
Thank you so much!!! Until next week…
We are here to serve you in your quest to fulfilling your destiny – is there anything that you would suggest we add to this platform to help you achieve your dreams?