“Click the blue Play button above to listen right now in your web browser.
“For those of you listening that have something that God has put in you, and you know what it is… you have to just birth that, because it’s holding you back from your greatness! So take the first step, and then the next one…” ~Nia Obotette
Woohoo, we are officially launching our “Author Series” where we are bringing on published authors to talk about their books, and the process they went through to write and publish those books. We believe that everyone has a story inside of them, and a book is an excellent way to share that story. Therefore, it is our hope that you are encouraged through this series, and step out to write and publish your book.
Meet Today’s Guest
Nia Obotette is the author of the children’s book, I AM A Triathlete. She is a Milwaukee, Wisconsin resident, and HBCU graduate of Tuskegee University. Over the years she has organized and coordinated cycling and running meet-ups with local groups like Black Girls Run and Black Girls Do Bike.
She has been inspiring and encouraging ladies to increase their fitness by participating in marathons, duathlons, and triathlons. In 2013 she completed her first triathlon, which inspired her to encourage others to try the sport. For her, swimming, biking, and running have proven to be both challenging and rewarding. Now she is looking to inspire a younger generation and to continue to encourage those new to Triathlons to make it to the finish line.
Key Points Include:
- The difference between marathons, triathlons, and duathlons are the number of sport types included in the race (marathon = 1; triathlon = 3; duathlon = 2).
- If you can’t find what you are looking for in the marketplace, consider that you are the one to create it.
- How Kickstarted can be used to raise money for your book, before you print the first copy – Nia raised 16K.
- It takes faith to do those things that lead to impact.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Connect with Nia on Social Media Facebook |Instagram | Twitter
- Nia’s Website
- Nia’s Illustrator’s Website: Adriel Meka
- Anita’s Book: Destiny Starter: How to Discover What You Are Called To Do, And Do It by Anita “AC” Clinton
- This Month’s Freebie: 5 Actionable Tips to Start Writing Your Book eBook
Don’t miss an episode of our weekly fun and witty podcast equipping and inspiring you to walk BOLDLY in your greatness, listen, and subscribe at:
My Thanks To You
I want to personally thank you for listening to the Be Great Global Podcast. I would love to hear from you, share your comments, thoughts, suggestions below.
If you believe this show can help others, we humbly ask that you leave a rating and review on iTunes (CLICK HERE) or Stitcher Radio (CLICK HERE). It will only take a couple of minutes and could possibly transform someone’s life.
Thank you so much!!! Until next week…
We are here to serve you in your quest to fulfilling your destiny – is there anything that you would suggest we add to this platform to help you achieve your dreams?