“Getting dressed requires a series of movement, so does becoming successful! [What I’m doing] this is a movement!
In this episode, we talk with Nurse Ebony Shené, mother of 3 children; Registered Nurse; Owner and Founder of Scott School of Careers, a vocation school training future Certified Nurses Assistants; and Owner and Founder of My Nurse Design, cool, fun and sexy apparel for nurses and other healthcare professionals. She has been in the healthcare profession for 20 years, and refers to herself as, “the nurse who loved the healthcare profession so much, she branded it!” I so love it!!!
Key Points Include:
- As entrepreneurs, there is really no such thing as work-life balance because our attention is being pulled in so many different directions. So instead of focusing on work-life balance, focus on being intentional at those times when you are doing life, and be intentional at those times when you are doing work. Whichever you are working on it – be intentional in that moment.
- It is vital to recognize that as you operate inside the CALL, you can’t do it all by yourself. Therefore, it’s crucial that you start building a team at some point.
- In the midst of all you do, make sure you take time to care for you. Self-care should definitely be a priority.
- Protect your space. Stay away from people who are always negative. Instead, surround yourself with people who value and look out for you,
- If there is something on your heart to bring forth in the world, get started! Take action toward whatever it is you feel you are called to do.
- Be consistent and disciplined through the highs and lows and know that at the end of the day, it’s all worth it!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Connect with Ebony Shené
- Website – Scott School of Careers
- Website – My Nurse Design
- Chicago Nurse Expo
- Facebook – Scott School of Careers
- Facebook – My Nurse Design
- Instagram – My Nurse Design
Don’t miss an episode of our weekly fun and witty podcast equipping and inspiring you to walk BOLDLY in your greatness, listen, and subscribe at:
My Thanks To You
I want to personally thank you for listening to the Be Great Global Podcast. I would love to hear from you, share your comments, thoughts, suggestions below.
If you believe this show can help others, we humbly ask that you leave a rating and review on iTunes (CLICK HERE) or Stitcher Radio (CLICK HERE). It will only take a couple of minutes and could possibly transform someone’s life.
Thank you so much!!! Until next week…
We are here to serve you in your quest to fulfilling your destiny – is there anything that you would suggest we add to this platform to help you achieve your dreams?